***PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW SITE!! NUTMEGASPIRIN.COM!!!! A place for YOU to share what works for you in the world of feeling, getting and being better! By sharing what works for you, others can discover what might work for them!
I am going to let you in on what seems to be a secret that gives you a flat stomach and so much more. I call it “the miracle cure.” It is cheap and you may already have it in your kitchen cabinet.
It is Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV), in particular, Bragg’s Organic Raw ACV. If you can not find Bragg’s, just make sure it is RAW and ORGANIC. “Raw” as opposed to refined ACV– which is white vinegar with apple flavoring and nutritionally void, contains live probiotic bacteria and nutrients called the “Mother.” The “Mother” gives the vinegar a brownish tint and “cobweb-like” look at the bottom of the bottle. So do not be alarmed, as those cobwebs are filled with great stuff like calcium, iron, sodium, potassium, malic acid and pectin.
I have heard about the benefits of ACV for years. There are endless articles on the internet touting it’s amazing abilities to cure so many ailments, but like most things, you have to see it to believe it. Now, I have tried and tested for an extended period of time and not only am I wowed by its medicinal and slimming effects, so is my husband.
By “shot” I mean a little water mixed with a tbsp of ACV, but I throw it back like a “shot.” To my friend who took a shot glass full, I apologize!! Perhaps start with a tsp and work your way up!
Every morning, we both take a “shot” of ACV diluted with a little water. Some people sweeten it with honey or molasses, but me, I gulp it down. It is not that pleasant, but you get used to it and it is worth it. Also, it is important to dilute with water or rinse your teeth afterwards. I have read that it can damage your teeth if you drink it straight. It hasn’t happened to me, but FYI!
Here are the top 10 reasons, from personal experience, why ACV is a must:
1. It alkalines the body. Yes, strange to think that something so acidic could have that effect, but it does. I just had a life insurance physical and my PH was perfect!
An alkaline body is vitally important. For example, cancer survives and thrives in an acidic body. Anyone with cancer should AVOID/limit all acidic foods which include all sugar, whether it is fructose, sucrose, glucose (anything ending in -ose). Forget sodas and processed food! Actually we ALL should avoid these foods. A high PH equates with great health!
According to WebMD, a 2007 study of 11 people with type 2 diabetes found that taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bed lowered glucose levels in the morning by 4%-6%. Some people use it as a natural treatment for diabetes as it helps to control high blood sugar levels.
2. It cleanses the body of candida and fights fungus. Trust me I know. All of my symptoms are completely gone and if they come back at all, I up my dose to two shots/day and I am back to myself in no time.
3. It cures acne!! (Ok, my husband wanted to keep this a secret while he schemed of developing and marketing an ACV product as the natural answer to Accutaine–a highly toxic drug with possible debilitating psychological side effects like anxiety and depression). He claims his skin has never looked better nor has my son’s. He too is gulping the shot. He protested at first until he saw the results. Even just dabbing the face with a diluted bit of apple cider vinegar helps to clear up bad skin. Or mix 2 parts water to one part ACV in a spray bottle and spritz the face.
Some say apply on age spots, acne scars or varicose veins and leave on overnight. Can’t speak from experience, but worth trying!
4. It removes warts. Soak a cottonball. Adhere it to the wart with a bandaid and leave on all night. It draws the wart to the surface. Keep applying every night until gone. You may have to scrape off the surface. Amazingly, the wart goes away. No need to go to the dermatologist!
5. It takes the itch away. Just dab on a bug bite or whatever is itching and the itch is gone in seconds.
6. Deodorant. You may smell like vinegar for a minute, but it quickly goes away or apply a natural deodorant over it. It works by adjusting the skin’s PH level and effectively eliminates odor-causing bacteria.
7. Can be used as a disinfectant or natural cleanser around the house.
8. It improves digestion and cures constipation. Take it easy with the dose in the beginning or at least make sure you are close to a bathroom!
9. It is much, much cheaper and far safer than anything you may buy that could produce similar results!
10. Saving for some of us the best for last…It gives you a flat stomach!!! I kid you not. My belly has not been this flat since pre-kids! Or possibly ever! A 2009 study published in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, suggests that ACV contributes to weight loss.
Food Matters’ website lists other benefits. I can not personally verify, but I would not be surprised. They include:
- Reduce sinus infections and sore throats
- Balance high cholesterol
- Protect against food poisoning
- Fight allergies in both humans and animals
- Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise (I did not know ACV prevents muscle fatigue, but now that I think about it, I have not had muscle fatigue in ages and I exercise daily!)
- Strengthen the immune system
- Increase stamina
- Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout
- Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections
I have no doubt many of you will be running to the health food store to buy Bragg’s ACV at the very least for the flat stomach! Please keep me informed of your experience by posting a comment. I think we would all love to know what works and what doesn’t. For example, someone told me to use ACV to detox and condition my hair. Trust me, it did not work! Just the opposite, my hair looked dry and dull. So together let’s decipher fact from fiction!
Also, be sure to check out NutmegAspirin.com!!!